Monday, November 9, 2009

Mothering Heights: A Novel Approach for Christian Mothers

A few days ago I finished a book called Mothering Heights by Keith Smith and Susan Brereton. I have to say that this book came to me at the right time. The book explores the challenges that mothers face while raising children and offers encouragement through stories, advice, and tips. Can't we always use a little encouragement and parenting advice for our little ones?

Mothering Heights takes a unique approach to address these issues by quoting notable classic novels such as Sense and Sensibility, Treasure Island, and Great Expectations. NOW, I must say I am not a reader of Classic Novels and admit that I hadn't heard of many of the titles listed in the book, but this didn't stop me from enjoying Mothering Heights. In addition, each chapter contained biblical versus which only reinforced the ideals in the book.

Any Christian mother or mother to be would benefit from reading this book. Especially if there are times that you question your parenting decisions. After reading a sample chapter here, you can pick up a copy of Mothering Heights for $15.00 from Judson Press. Enjoy it!

Authors Bios:

Susan Brereton is a former New Zealand resident currently living in England. She is a wife, mother of five children, and an interior designer. For many years, Susan has run a Bible study for mothers of preschool children, and has had a long association with the Navigators and Moms-in-Touch.

Keitha Smith lives in New Zealand with her husband and two children, including one with special needs. With a background in training and education, Keitha leads the women's ministry group at her church and serves on the local school's board of trustees.Check out Keitha's fictional Mother's Prayer Blog, The Jonah Tree.





No comments: