Friday, December 4, 2009

Edible Monsters

My kids have a favorite book that we have had around for a few years called GO AWAY BIG GREEN MONSTER! Its super cute and a great read. So after they pulled it out today and we read it a few times, I thought it would be fun to incorporate the story into dinner time. We made a similar project a year or so ago but neither Madison nor Cayden thought it was too exciting. Tonight they did!

Here they are making monsters by poking dried spaghetti through half of a hot dog. They pushed peas on the noodles for eyes and a nose.
And then we put them in some boiling.....

And Viola! Pat says I'm lacking a bit in the area of creativity. I think they are cute :) .

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Scary.


;)

koala brains said...

I think that's very creative. Good idea!

Unknown said...

Better yet they probably ate dinner! Good Job Kate!