I'm sorry. I need to apologize for all I put you through when I was between the ages of 2 and 4 (and up until I moved out at 18 I'm sure).
I'm sorry for jumping on your bed at 5 in the morning to tell you that it was time to get up.
I'm sorry for preventing you from taking a shower by yourself in order to let you escape for 15 minutes of peace and quiet.
I'm sorry for asking you to take the time to make me a lavish meal of mickey mouse pancakes and buttered noodles only to feed it to the dog without taking one measly bite.
I'm sorry for changing the channel to Tom and Jerry when you were watching your favorite TV show. Especially since TIVO didn't exist back then to give you the luxury of recording it and going back to watch it at a later time.
I'm sorry for slamming doors when you told me I couldn't have one more Popsicle for dessert. If you still lived in our childhood home, I would pay to get the drywall fixed around the door frame.
I'm sorry for not letting you brush my hair before we went out in public. I'm sure it was quite embarrassing to be seen in public with a little kid that still had blueberry muffin mix crusted in her hair from licking the batter bowl the night before.
I'm sorry for repeatedly telling you that I was bored and had nothing to do and no one to play with when in fact I had an overabundance of toys and games sitting on the shelf in the next room over. I fully understand the idea behind giving me a nickel if I could be the slowest kid in the neighborhood to walk around the block backwards.
Remember how many times you said to me, "You just wait till you have kids. Then you will understand." Remember??
I understand. I totally and fully understand!
And now that you and I both know just how hard it really is, can you please come down here and give me a break? PLEASE?? I just need 15 minutes to take a shower in peace and quiet.
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Dear Mom and Dad...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
This is good! I can hardly wait to have more. I hardly get time in for a shower now. Thank God for naps!
I think you should frame that as a Christmas present for your parents. It's hilarious!
I, on the other hand, do not need to write such a letter to my parents, as I was a perfect angel.
Hugs,
Nana
(Or shall I sign "Wild Child", to be more accurate?!)
Yup, that was you! Good thing I came around occasionally to show you how to behave by pulling your hair out!
Now that I am almost 65 I would love to have one of those days back....remember I said one!
Not to worry I'll be down soon and you can stay in the shower until it runs cold! xoxo
That's awesome. Somehow karma gets you where you feel it the most, eh? Seems to be the case w/ me.
Post a Comment