Let me first start out by saying that Pat and I have never cooked a turkey before. So, with that said, how in the world was I ever supposed to know that there was a bag of gizzards in the stomach of the turkey that needed to me taken out before it was cooked? And how was I ever supposed to know that if you don't take the bag out then the turkey takes 3 times as long to cook? I'm not sure why that is, but I know that a measly 10 pound turkey should not be in the oven for 6 1/2 hours!!
Sooo, At 9:30pm after the kids had gone to bed and our 1 dinner guest had left, Nana, Pat and I finally sat down for our very pathetic Thanksgiving dinner. Sigh.
On a positive note though, the stuffing, mashed potatoes, candied yams, and other Thanksgiving fixings turned out great.
Next year I'm buying precooked.
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Thanksgiving Flop
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hahahahahaha! That's freaking hilarious! But in your defense, there are a lot of people that don't know about the sack o' gizzards. And don't forget the big one that looks like a penis. Gross. Next time really do buy pre cooked. They are good, and you don't even have to touch it!
Best turkey I ever served was precooked, frozen, and all I had to do was reheat. There's always next year! ;)
And the rest of the meal was de-lish! You have your mother's cooking abilities!
Hugs,
Nana
Post a Comment