Saturday, October 31, 2009

Birds and the Bees Convo...

Well, not quite the birds and the bees conversation that I'm looking forward to oh so much. But, I'm afraid that the way our conversations are going, it may not be too far off:

Madison: Where does peanut butter come from?

Me: Peanuts

Madison: Where do peanuts come from?

Me: Peanut trees. (dont get all scientific on me people)

Madison: But what animal do peanuts come from cows or chickens?

Me: Peanuts don't come from animals. They grow on trees like apples.

Madison: oh.

(later)

Madison: Where does water come from?

Me: Lakes and oceans.

Madison: But who makes water cows or chickens?

Me: Animals don't make water God makes water. (no time for for an explanation. it was time for bed).

Madison: Well, why does God call it water? Why doesn't he call water beer?

Me: ummmmm.

She stumped me on that one. Guess we drink a lot of beer around here.

3 comments:

Flower said...

Well..she is smart:) I got the question of "Who were Jesus Grandma and Grandpa?" The questions get harder..LOL

P.S. I enjoyed talking to you:) Happy Halloween and have fun trick or treating.

Mrs. McDonald said...

lol.. I love it... all the "why's" and then it turns to beer...

Nana said...

Madison: "If water comes from God, where does beer come from?"

"Your dad."