Monday, September 28, 2009

An Acorn Hunt

Living in an established neighborhood with big trees is definitely something we aren't used to. Since we built our house in a new development back in Illinois, the tallest tree in the didn't stand much taller than a few feet over our heads.

Needless to say, we didn't have the giant oak trees that shed large amounts of acorns each day. The kids think this is the greatest thing ever. For the last few days they have occupied a good amount the the afternoon, carrying around bowls and bags and filling them up with the fallen acorns. Madison thinks its just like a giant Easter Egg hunt.

We now have quite a few acorns sitting in our kitchen. I have no idea what do to with them. Maybe I can find a good kids craft? Any ideas?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will make a wreath when I come down.....get some pinecones too....big ones!Mom xoxo

Mrs. McDonald said...

or you can save them and anthony will crush them up to make food for the deer:-)

Nana said...

Love the new look of the blog!

Laura said...

How fun! I like your updated blog! Hope to talk to you soon!