Let me start by saying that we are not regular church goers. However, Madison has been lucky enough to tag along with Nana many a Sunday to Willow Creek Church and visit the Sunday school room Promise land.
She seems to love going and always has a story or drawing to share when she comes home. Its so fun to hear what Madison has learned about Jesus and God and about being thankful for what she has. Although it has been since Christmas that Madison has gone, last night while I was putting her to bed we had the following conversation that gave me a good chuckle......
Madison: Did you know that God loves us so much that he put a heart right here inside me (pointing at her chest).
Me: You're right honey. He did put a heart inside your body and he loves you very much.
Madison: And did you know that he loves us so much that he gave us Baby Jesus too?
Me: Yup, I did know that.
Madison: (looking down silently. Pause. Pause.) Actually, he didnt give us Baby Jesus. He just gave us Baby Cayden.
Ahhh, The simple thinking of a 3 year old.
Friday, January 2, 2009
Conversation About God
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow...I don't even know where to begin! It's been ages since this blog of yours has been under construction! So, here's a few comments!
#1-Love Madison's mosaic!
#2-Caiden is getting so big! He's so grown up! And looks like Pat!
#3-How adorable to see her hugging Santa. All other pics of kids I see with Santa they are screaming bloody murder!
#4-I think that's the first pic of your hubby on your blog-didn't know you had one!
#5-still haven't seen a pic with you and your kids! Someone better take some with the new camera! And I can tell a difference! Must be a nice camera!
Happy New Year!
That is so adorable, Kate! I'm glad you wrote that down so you'll always remember it! (Have you thought of printing out your blog and keeping it?)
Miss you all and can't wait to see you!
Love,
Nana
Wow, nothing like having high expectations for your second born. Hope he doesn't disappoint
Post a Comment