The other night I had a light bulb moment or an "ah ha" moment of realization as Oprah calls it. It suddenly hit me that I was really a "mom". OK, let me clarify...I knew I was a mother the moment the hospital handed me my cute bundle of joy and quickly shooed us out the door, BUT it wasn't until I was crawling into bed the other night that the "mom" thing really hit.
It was in casual conversation that I nonchalantly asked pat, "Did you remember to go potty before getting into bed?" WHAT???? Oh Yes, that really did come out of my mouth.
It was then that I knew, because before I was a mom I know I would have NEVER asked my husband that question.
With that said, I have decided to start an ongoing list titled:
Things I Would Never Have Said Before Becoming A Mom
The funny thing is that is doesn't take long for me to remember the things that I have said or say on a regular basis to my kids. So I start my list with the following things I would never have said before becoming a mom:
"Toilet seats are not for licking!"
"Only Doggies go potty in the grass."
"Sweep the floor, not your brother."
I know that there will be plenty more.
Friday, July 11, 2008
A Light bulb Moment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment