Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Back on the Blog Wagon

After our "mini-vacation" (for lack of a better word) to Michigan for a long weekend, I am hopping back on the blog wagon and catching up with my posts. I have caught up with laundry, bow making and dishes and I am now finally sitting down. Whew!

We left on Thursday of last week and headed for our weekend destination in Michigan to visit Papa and Gee and of course attend my friend Stacey's wedding shower (which was great!). Instead of making the 6 hour trip in one day, we stopped in Indiana to stay at the Raddison and take the kids to a local water park the next day. We all had fun and the best part is that the hotel upgraded us to a two-floor suite!! Something I didn't even know existed! Here is a picture of PART of the downstairs which really doesn't show how big and nice it really was.



The water park was a hit the next day. The giant sand area was where we spent most of the time. Unfortunately, the sand continued with us to Michigan and still remains in my car.

We continued on to Papa and Gees house, but shortly after getting on the road, we decided we just had to stop at a roadside fruit market to get some sweet Michigan Cherries. Of course Madison dug in and was very careful not to eat the pit. After she was finished, I got back a bag of half eaten cherries.

All in all, the trip there went smoothly but we were all glad to arrive. Susan's (Gee's) son was in town with his wife and little boy so Madison was thrilled to have a playmate for the first day that we were there. They played together well and seemed to have lots of fun! And yes, her dress is stained with cherry juice as you can see in the picture.

The next day while I was at Stacey's shower, everyone went to a local water park. Very interested people there to say the least. But the kids had fun and that's all that mattered.




So enough pics for one posting. More to come about our time in Michigan a bit later :).

3 comments:

Allison said...

I must have missed your call!

I hope you didn't waste the rest of those cherries:)

Anonymous said...

Love the cherry experience photo! And so happy you had a nice hotel; you two deserve it after your patience with two little ones and Pat's work travel! How lucky Madison and Cayden are to be provided so much fun so often with all your water park and Six Flags trips! (Not to mention that playground of a backyard they have!)

Hugs,
Nana

Keli said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. I love the hotel room, Sean says we're doing a long weekend trip just for that. Of course, you're invited, but you'll have to get your own room.