You can't get much better advertising then this!!
If you read my blog enough, you will learn that Garage sales are a weekly thing. Sometimes Bi-weekly. My excuse for continually adding junk to our house is that I am teaching Madison how to be responsible with money.
This is how it works. Each week Madison gets $3.00 to go "shopping" with. If she finds something she wants, she asks the price and uses her money to pay the Junk Seller. When her money is gone, we're done shopping and we go home (most of the time). If Madison is in a good mood and chooses to share, Cayden usually walks a way with a useless toy that ends up in the bottom of the toy box as well.
So here is what we got today:
A new Wiggles bucket hat. Its polka dot with a picture of Dorothy the Dinosaur on it. $.25. For an additional $.50 we picked up a Wiggles DVD which has already been played 3 times in the car.
A Little Tikes red ride-in car. We already have one but hopefully this will cut down on the fighting. $2.00 (originally $3.00 but we we're a bit short on money).
So, after a long morning of shopping, lunch has been served and naptime is in the near future.
UPDATE....
Yeah um......apparently, the second car didn't solve the problem.

1 comment:
We like to do the same thing. Once I found this really cool white ceramic owl bowl and I didn't want to pay a lot so I had Boo ask the price and the lady asked what she wanted to pay. "Free", she says and everyone laughs and so the woman says she'd give it to her for $.50. Awesome, I used my child to get something super cheap and the funny thing is, she really said "three".
Post a Comment